I’ve recently been snatching up writing work on Craigslist and have had some rather impressive success. However, every now and then I run into something that seems too good to be true. Just one example of this is a writing job posted in Bangkok Thailand. The job description was practically nonexistent and just called for writers. Oh, and it said the compensation was $120,000. My bullshit radar started going haywire but I sent an email to the poster Wasana Hansa asking for clarification. Who knows? Maybe the zero key got stuck.
I got a rather bizarre email which was sent to me and some other sap. Again, I asked for clarification and received this strange email.
HOW ARE YOU DOING AND THE FAMILY,PRESUME FINE.IN SEQUEL TO YOUR MAIL,THERE ARE NOT MUCH PROCESS.THE ONLY THING NEEDED FROM YOU,IS YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION,AND THE CHOOSEN WRITING.24HOURS AFTER THESE ARE BEEN PROVIDED,YOUR MONEY WILL BE SENT TO YOUR ADDRESS
Do bear with us as it is not primely our fault. its the instruction given to us by the
company. Dont get scared atall as i or anybody else from our COMPANY is well known in THAILAND.in everything we do, we put protecting the international
image of our COMPANY first and we cannot do anything to stain it.
hope to hearing from you
Weird, huh? Here are some tips to help you avoid getting scammed.
1. If they offer payment before you’ve sent your work or rendered services then be very wary.
2. If they want to send you anything in the mail, watch out.
3. Talk to them over skype if you’re suspicious about the job.
4. Don’t give your private information. All they need to know is your Paypal email address.
5. If they try to reassure you that their business is reputable after asking for your information then they’re probably disreputable.
These tips should be common sense but as we all know, common sense isn’t so common. I sent a snarky email, calling this lady out on her stupid logic. She’s going to put $120,000 in the mail and send it from Thailand to China? Does she think I’m stupid? Probably. But I’m happy to disappoint. This was 2 weeks ago and I still haven’t heard anything back from her. Guess I win this round.